The One Where I Treat Myself Right

Moving into this new year, I’ve struggled with a few things that everyone struggles with such as balancing life, school, and jobs. One of the biggest battles I’ve had to fight is one with myself. Depression. This is definitely not something I love to talk about anymore given that many people have different opinions. One of my favorite opinions I’ve heard is “You choose to be depressed”. It is crazy to me how people believe that depression is a choice. If you ask people about me, they know that I’m outgoing and happy. For me, I didn’t choose, to not be me. Anyways..
With this being said, I’ve decided to listen to myself this year more. To take the time to hear what I need. I’m doing this by getting my nails done, baking cookies, my pinterest bucketlist, face mask, hair mask, or even just taking a walk in a park. This last year, I purposely stayed busy by having two jobs, school and just sleep. I avoided listening to myself cry out. If I was lonely, I’d join a friend or just call it a night. My grades suffered because of this. I honestly did not think I was going to still be here but something that held me close was making plans. If I make time to live, then that leaves less time to feel hopeless.
So what’s next? The next few things I’ll be posting are different ways that I took the time to listen and love myself. This year, is going to be another year of growth, acceptance, and love. Loving myself, family, friends and everyone. I’ll go ahead and link my Pinterest if y’all want to see what I could be posting.
A few things could be:
  • Starting a new charm bracelet
  • Korean BBQ Burritos
  • Making some cookies
  • Braiding box braids
  • Nail ideas
  • Hair mask
  • Tempura fried ice cream
  • North Indian Chicken Curry
  • Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas
And more things!

Here’s to a New Year and great experiences!

Pinterest: https://pin.it/26y5ihk32w75fl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mac & Cheese: John Legend Recipe

Kendra Scott: Danielle

Kay Nailed It